Cocoa Swap Questionnaire
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both?
I do both but knit much more than I crochet.
2. What is your favorite one-skein project? What item do you find you knit the most of?
So far my favorite is the “Everybody’s Doing Shrug” I think I have knit more hats than anything or soakers it is a toss up.
3. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you’ve been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on?
I like metal addi circulars. I really want to try them in 12” for socks. I am also interested in the KP circulars with a 40” cord. I don’t have 1s 2s or 3s anything for socks.
4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)?
Right now I am finishing a shrug I also have a pair of socks on dpns for me and a pair on circs for my daughter. My oldest UFO is a felted vest I started for DH about 2 years ago. The yarn is truly nasty feeling and I need to frog it and wash the yarn so I can start over.
5. What are your favorite types of yarns? Are you allergic to any yarns, or just hate working with something? Anything type/brand of yarn you’ve been dying to try?
I despise acrylic. Sorry, I am a bit of a yarn snob. :) I love wool (bfl is what I mostly knit with) Wool blends are okay too. I am dying to try HandMaiden Seacell or Great Big Sea or a silk/wool blend of some sort.
6. Are you on Ravelry? Yes I am Desert Knitta
7. What are your favorite colors? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there that make you want to stab yourself in the eye with your needles?
I like all colors. Pastels, Earthy, Variegated are all good. I like brown and blue blends, turquoise, anything really as long as it is not neon. I might stab myself in the eye if I got neon yarn LOL
8. What is your favorite knit accessory, your fancy needles? stitch markers? your yarn cutter? What do you have TOO many of? What do you wish you had?
I am in love with my addi turbos I wish I had a cable needle necklace. I don’t have a row counter or fancy stitch markers. Can you have TOO many of anything knitting related????
1. Do you prefer boxed/packets, or something homemade?
Either is fine.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
Whipped cream definitely!
3. Do you use any ‘add ins’
Just whipped cream. But if I got something to add in I would try it. I am adventurous.
4. Are you a year round cocoa drinker or just in the winter months?
Year round but more in the winter.
5. Do you like flavored cocoas or are you just a ’straight chocolate’ kind of person?
I like flavors and straight.
6. Do you enjoy cocoa from restaurants or shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites?
I love Starbucks cocoa. I don’t order cocoa out much.
7. You’ve just made the perfect cup of cocoa - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it?
It is in a thick mug and I would curl up on the couch under my fleece throw.
8. You’re enjoying that perfect cup, what treats will you enjoy with it? Are they sweet or salty? Crunchy? Soft and flaky?
Mmmm I love sweet and salty things. A little crunch is nice and some flakyness too.
It’s all YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking?
I sew, I love to garden, I dye my own yarn and am learning to spin this year.
2. Do you collect anything?
Mugs, old keys and fabric LOL
3. What is your favorite part of Winter?
My favorite part of winter is when it is turning into spring Hahaha I don’t really like winter. I am okay if I can stay inside and keep warm.
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body?
I love spicy scents, citrus spice, vanilla spice pumpkin spice. I don’t like real heavy scented body fragrance. Something light and citrus is nice. I love Lavender anything !
5. Are you allergic to anything?
6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID?
Yes I am Desert Knitta
7. How would you spend an ideal winter afternoon/day?
Curled up with a hot mug and a book or my knitting. Oh with one of the cats at my feet.
8. What’s your favorite animal?